So - Why should YOU be using social media?
By alicemaypurkiss, May 23 2016 01:44PM
The world of social media can be overwhelming if you've only just started dipping your feet into it, but it can also be an invaluable resource for large and small businesses alike.
Though it's seen by some as the latest marketing buzzword, it's clear that social media does a lot for brands, with recent research revealing that Twitter users now trust online influencers more than their friends. This alone shows the power that social media and online influencers hold, but what can it offer you? Well, quite a lot really...
1. Increased brand awareness. Social media channels are such an easy way to get your brand in front of more faces. The more people who see your content, the more likely they are to remember your brand and engage with whatever you're providing.
2. Increased traffic. This one's pretty obvious, but the more you share content that links to your website, the more likely you are to drive traffic, which means you're more likely to encounter a higher conversion rate. Take care though - there's a fine balance between posting too many links and being beaten by social media algorithms and posting just enough to drive traffic and engage your audiences without overwhelming them.
3. Brand loyalty. Think about one of the brands you follow on social media. You've taken the effort to like them on Facebook or follow them on Twitter, proving that you have a genuine interest in what they're doing, selling or offering. Brands who engage with their audiences on social media naturally have better brand loyalty as they connect on a more personal level. A report from Texas Tech in 2013 explained "a strategic and open social media plan could prove influential in morphing consumers into being brand loyal."
4. Better SEO. Everyone knows SEO is important for appearing high in search results but it's not enough to just optimise title tags, add meta descriptions and regularly update your blog to improve your SEO these days. Google (and other search engines) also calculates rankings based on social media activities, so an active presence across social media platforms can help you perform better in online searches.
5. Better user experience. In marketing, content is king and social media provides a great opportunity to enrich your audience's customer experience. Every time you interact with one of your customers on a social channel, be it in the form of a timely and relevant update, or responding quickly and efficiently to a query online, it's a real chance to show what your brand is really about.
All of that sounds pretty good right?
So where do you begin? Which platforms are best for you? Well, that's a whole other blog post!
If you need help with your social media strategy, execution or day to day management, give me a shout. You can find me at AMP Copy & Social